New city, new house, new jobs, new ward, new us!!
This seems like the logical time to start a blog. I have enjoyed staying in touch by checking other people's blogs and so I thought it would be good to get one of our own going. Hopefully I will be able to keep this updated and it will be a good contact point for family and friends!
We have been in Washington for 2 months now. We closed on our house on June 14th. It has gone really fast! We are getting moved in. Most of the boxes are emptied and thanks to Scott's inovative shelving in the garage, we are really getting organized! There is still a mountain of boxes (well, it is a hill now) in the garage, but most of that will be gone when we get some bookshelves built.
It is awesome to live so close to the Temple. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. There ARE dogs and kids and cars and lawnmowers, but all in all, it is pretty nice. We are close to shopping and the freeway so it is really a quick drive to wherever we need to go!
The house is awesome! I LOVE it! Scott keeps telling people that I picked it out. I don't know if that means that he doesn't love it, or if he is just giving me the credit for our amazing choice! We have had to do very little to it. I needs some paint, but after getting the house in Anchorage ready to sell, we were pretty painted out and decided to defer that for a little while.
I DID talk Scott into changing the wallpaper border in the kitchen. Well, I decided to change it and he liked my choice and when I started peeling away the old border, I discovered that they had painted the walls around the old border and there was a strip of cream paint where the border used to be. We had to buy another can of green paint and Scott graciously painted the strip (The color match was perfect. How amazing is that???) and now we are ready to hang the border. It will look really great when it is done!!
Scott seems to like his job. I think that have really been needing him around here. He is going to get the Power Systems division going !! I am working for O.M.A.C. here as well. It is about 1 day a week so it isn't too bad. I am also directing the Bell Choir at a little private school here. It should be a lot of fun and I am excited to dust off my musical skills and learn a new skill!! Luke starts school in a couple of weeks. He will be going to Richland High School. We are going there today to get him registered.
Our ward is big. Everyone is so nice and they have really made us feel welcome. There is an enormous influx of new people. Sunday there was a list in the Relief Society newsletter and there are probably 20 new sisters! That is in the last couple of months!! We are excited to get to know everyone and to find some kindred spirits!!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
In the Beginning
Posted by
Cheryl
at
7:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great blog! Thanks for the update. Glad you are all happy and well. Missing you here though, especially for the movie partner, talk-to friends, and boat repairman! Wishing you all the best! take care and hugs, halene d and clan
p.s. try renting "Miss Potter" sometime. it is a nice movie.
Post a Comment