Scott and Luke just returned from a day of hunting, Washington style. Luke was so excited when they got back, he came in and practically pushed me out to the garage to see their "spoils." It is pretty exciting for them. It is Luke's very first bird hunting trip and Scott's first in many years.
Scott has had a bag of duck decoys since we were married and we have been moving them from place to place, but I have never seen him use them. He got them out a couple of weeks ago and was getting them all spruced up for the big hunt. I am not sure if they even used them as the day dawned with rain pouring from the sky. They loaded the kayaks and headed off on their adventure and as you can see from the pictures, they were successful.
Luke reported that they had a lot of fun, but the rain was "death." "Really Miserable," he added. They also got a citation which carries a fine of over a hundred dollars. It seems that the new shotguns that they bought at Sportman's Warehouse, were not equipped with plugs. (huh?) Scott says that the salesman assured them that they met all of the regulations for hunting in Washington. I guess Scott will be heading down to Sportman's Warehouse to have a chat with that fellow on Monday. You think that they will pay the fine???
Fitzwilliam accompanied the guys on the adventure today, but he wasn't allowed to help. I think he needs some serious training before he is ready for bird retrieval.
It has been fun to watch Scott and Luke bond as they have prepared for this adventure. It took quite a bit of effort from Luke for him to get his hunting license and he and Scott have spent quite a lot of time together fulfilling all of the requirements. We now have several targets to display somewhere (probably in the garage) and it has been interesting to see Luke improve with each trip to the shooting range. He actually beat Scott the other day.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
The guys and their spoils
Posted by
Cheryl
at
5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am amazed at the spoils! Great job you two manly-type people! It's kind of weird, though, since I didn't even know Dad was a duck hunter, toting a bag of decoys around all these years!
So. . . . are you going to save one of those ducks for Christmas??
I asked Dad that same question!! :p)
That is totally nasty! But funny. :-)
I tried to comment on the beautiful world post a few days ago, but it did not work? Oh well.
It looks like you guys are in your element! I am glad you are all so happy in your new home. Washington is a beautiful place. I long to go back there!
Cheryl, I will e-mail you the info about how to make your blog beautiful. Really, it is just a matter of clicking the right buttons! Happy to help you!
Lots of love to you guys. I hope your Thanksgiving is fabulous!
Love, Mari
Post a Comment