"Have you heard the new sensation sweeping across the land???" It's the Rolling Hill chapter of Sweet Adelines International!!
I spent the weekend at the retreat for the chorus. It was an awesome experience! The chorus is smaller than the Alaska Sound Celebration chorus I was a member of in Alaska, but it is fantastic! I have felt at home there since my first visit!
The pictures above are from a show we had earlier this month. We sang songs written by Irving Berlin and it was amazing!! The songs were fun and the chorus did a great job!!
There is something electric about music and I am finding that I can lose myself in barbershop! As I place myself in the story of the song, the pull of the harmony and the beauty of chords ringing true, is like a balm to my soul and I feel like I am more, a better person from having experienced true harmony.
The theme for the retreat was "United as One" and I truly felt the theme as I watched everyone working hard to learn and to improve themselves. I saw it in action as I watched ladies helping each other and sneaking goodies to each other and just spending time together! It was a lot of fun and I for one am a better person and singer for having attended!!
It's Great to be a Sweet Adeline!!
My friend, Kari, and I looking pretty sassy!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Come on along!
Posted by
Cheryl
at
7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I totally know what you mean about feeling awesome when you are involved with something so in tune. I am so glad you are able to be in this choir! And hey, can I borrow that outfit sometime?? hee hee hee- actually, I really did like the red one I wore as a wise man at Christmas. . . .
You guys have always had great musical talents! I'm glad you are doing something you love! Sounds like a great and fun group to be part of!
What, no pink??!! I am glad you are able to do something that you enjoy so much. Music makes you feel alive! You look fabulous! So fun! Love the red lipstick! WOW!
Lots of love to you!
Red lipstick does kind of freak me out, but hey, it's the thing to wear on stage!! How do you like the false eyelashes??
Thanks for visiting our blog and for the link to this fabulous blog. You look AMAZING and I'm so glad you're sharing your talents! We sure miss them here! It's just not the same without you guys but glad you're having fun!
Who is the girl in the picture with you--the 3rd picture from the top? She looks quite familiar.
Post a Comment