Why is the sky so blue today?
Why is the robin's song so gay?
Why is the sun so warm and bright?
Filling the earth with glorious light?
Why does my heart with gladness sing?
Only because it's SPRING!!
Fitzwilliam and I have been trying to take a walk every day. (I quit Curves and so it is the only real exercise I am getting!!) We try to go first thing and so some days it is 6:30 or 7:00 am and the day is just beginning and the air is crisp and everything is in focus and sparkling! It is breathtaking!!
A couple of days ago we walked along the streets above the Temple. The sun was coming up in streaks of pulsating color. The sky was a beautiful shade of azure and as we turned to head down the hill, the Temple came into full view and the sky behind it was streaked with red and blue and amber. The Angel Moroni glowed in the rays of the emerging sun. As my eyes took in the splendor of the scene, my legs refused to move. I was riveted to the spot; my heart bursting with the majesty of the moment. Fitzwilliam was the first to rouse from our temporary paralysis and as he tugged at the leash I longed for a camera; although I knew a picture would never capture the awesome moment.
My heart was full of love and gratitude to a Heavenly Father who allowed me to come here to this earth to experience such splendor. I felt that he had saved the advent of the sun for just the moment that I would happen past. It was a gift presented to a beloved daughter, a caress at the beginning of the day that said, "You are mine and I love you. Go and live!"
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Only Because It's SPRING!!
Posted by
Cheryl
at
10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just love beautiful moments like that! I love finding myself in a moment when my heart and spirit just fly, especially when I'm looking at something so special and wonderful!
Post a Comment