Friday, June 27, 2008

How to stay young!!

Ok, so I can't stand the ticks anymore! They are sincerely creeping me out!! I have been waiting for Emily to e-mail me some pictures from last weekend, but she hasn't been feeling well and so hasn't had a chance to do it yet, so I decided to post a list that I have had around here for awhile. I really love this list. I hope that you will too!

I put in this picture of Hannah and Hilary because they are young and beautiful.

Enjoy!




HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Try everything twice.
On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph:
Tried everything twice...loved it both times!

2. Keep only cheerful friends.The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud.
Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh,
spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.

6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.
LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county,
to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.

Remember! Lost time can never be found.Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Your girls are sooo beautiful!! Those Eyes - WOW. And I just saw your grandson's Bummmm - HOw cute is that!!!! To fun, wish I could run around necked, especially as hot as it is right now!

Cheryl said...

No kidding!! Yesterday I hosed myself down!! I asked Scott to do it but he didn't believe me so I had to do it myself! Then he turned on the sprinkler system to check to make sure it was watering the strawberries we just planted and I kept getting in the spray! It was HOT!!

Cheryl said...

This comment is from my friend, Laura. I erroneously rejected it. Sorry Laura!

Hi Cheryl,
I saw Ben today in the hall at the Strawberry Chapel. Medical school? Wow!!

You and your family have been on my mind lately. Rich and Richie just returned from a trip down the Gulkana River with the Scouts and I couldn't help but remember the cool trips that Scott took, inviting my hubby along. Sure miss you.

It's great fun to look at all your pictures. Finally got around to checking out your mother's day present too. You have a wonderful daughter..nice voice too. I guess you probably knew that though. Maybe I should try some of this blogging stuff...

I am Laura.

Aurie Jenkins said...

I love the list! I can believe Hannah and Hilary are getting so big! I cant believe Micah is old enough to be in the military and sent to the war zone. Time sure does fly by so fast!

Katie L said...

What a great list! I promise to incorporate all of those things into my life....because I don't want to get old yet-hahahaha!