Not long ago I was minding my own business working away when the phone rang and I spoke to a really peppy woman who let me know that someone had turned me in on some bogus charge and there was a Warrant for my arrest. (How stupid do I look??) (Or sound??) Anyway, she went on to tell me about the March of Dimes latest fund raising drive, the Jail and Bail program.
I really don't do these kind of things and my first thought was to hang up, but I thought of all the times I helped my Mother canvas the neighborhood as a child and how hard that seemed at the time. As the hyper woman droned on and on, I thought about my own very preemie babies, Hannah and Hilary and how research funded by the March of Dimes benefited them and I knew that I had to do what I could to help.
So, I am scheduled to turn myself in or be arrested on September 9th. I am expected to raise my bail before then and to do this, I turn to my family and friends. You can go to a web site that has been set up and contribute right there! How easy is that??? No more little envelopes and counting money!!
So, everyone who can, please go to jailandbail.marchofdimes.com/ekstrommom and contribute whatever you can. Every penny adds up!!
Just in case you think that the March of Dimes doesn't do anything with the money they collect, here is an interesting list I was sent with the Warrant for my arrest:
Did you know that you have been touched by the March of Dimes if:
- You received a polio vaccine.
- You had a healthy baby due in part to good prenatal care.
- You are aware that alcohol, tobacco and drug use during pregnancy can result in poor birth outcomes.
- You are aware that women of childbearing age should take a multivitamin with folic acid to decrease the risk of neural tube defects.
- Your baby received newborn screening to test for dangerous but treatable condition.
- Your baby or a baby you now was treated in a neonatal intensive care unit--NICU
- Your baby or a baby your know suffered from respiratory distress syndrome and received lifesaving lung surfactant therapy.

3 comments:
What if my sadistic side kicks in and we let you stew in there for a while before we donate? Or do you think that'll influence your decision on next year's Christmas pajamas?
My husband is a monster!
We'd never let you stew in there. . . .too long. . . heh heh heh
My dear mother, I sure hope you make it! Good Luck! But if not Em and I are busting you out of jail!!!
Post a Comment