Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Walk

It took me an entire week, but I am finally posting about the wonderful walk Scott, Fitz and I took last Sunday evening.

It was a beautiful evening. The air was cool but not chilling, and clear; so clear that we could see all the way down the hill in brilliant detail. The sky was bright at first as it was nearing the lowering of the sun, the fluffy clouds hovering as they awaited the coming dusk.

We walked together on the sidewalk. Fitzwiliam straining at the leash as is his custom. Scott tugging his head aside as he dug in his nails, trying to exert his dominance and take control of our route.

We headed up the hill to make the circut around the Temple, our breath quickening with the strain of the incline and the beauty of the night and the neighborhood.

I couldn't stop myself from digging my phone out of my pocket. (You have to take your phone with you on a walk, don't you know?!?) and clicking a few pictures of the wonders of the walk.
The pictures below are in order. They show our progression around the loop. I hope that you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed the magical evening stroll.

Flowers were everywhere. As early it is in Spring, these were already flowing out into the sidewalk.

I don't know why, but the beauty of these flowering boughs against the darkening sky tugged at my heartstrings.
This one is pretty dark, but as we crested the hill and made the turn, the sky was the most amazing mixture of colors and different textures of clouds.
This was our first view of the Temple. It is just down the hill from the last picture. I'm not quite sure why that last one is so dark.

The Temple sits regally looking out over the valley. Moroni holding his trump at ready!

We got to the bottom of the hill and made our 3rd turn and walked along the road in front of the Temple. Can you see Fitz's nose and his tongue hanging out? That's what he does when we walk. Aren't the flowering trees spectacular?

Next to the Temple sits our Church building. The grass is so green already and I just love the flowering trees here too!
Scott and Fitz are making the last turn back into the neighborhood. Behind them is the darkening sky of Kennewick.At the very end of this street is our house. Can you see Luke's Explorer parked on the street at the side?
We had a wonderful walk and felt fresh and rejuvenated! Thank you for joining us!!

3 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

I LOVE evening walks so much! During the day I like to walk wherever I need, to places, parks, and such. Evening walks though, are wonderful for breathing, destressing, and calming myself before night. If my boys were allowed to stay up any later then 7:00, I'm sure we would take evening, sunset walks all the time.

It looks so pretty in your neighborhood, with all the blooms, pretty sky, and beautiful Temple! How peaceful that walk must have been!

PS- Thanks for the bus advice! I was really hoping to hear advice and stories from mothers who had already experienced it, then from other, unexperienced opinions. I think I'm brave enough to maybe try it out-hahaha! We'll see.

Aurie Jenkins said...

beautiful. Makes me long for flowers and green grass, I cant believe I live somewhere where they think rocks make good landscaping. :O) I think its just so beautiful and peaceful looking there, I hope we can move up that way soon, we will be there in the next 5 years and I cant wait, enjoying life here but still cant wait for seasons. :O) Even just the simplicity of you walking with Scott pulls at my heart strings, since Noah is gone, ahhhh the sweet little everyday blessings. :O)

Kirsti said...

Not that Andy and I are in a rush to have the children out of the house... but we're definitely looking forward to taking walks like this again(we used to before the kiddos all arrived!). Very healthy for a marriage!