Scott and I have never really been video game fanatics. We got the Atari system and played a few games like Frogger and PacMan but not to excess. We kept up with the Playstation and all of its descendants playing Mario Brothers a little bit. Of course, the kids would play the games and out of necessity we bought each of the kids a GameBoy so that they could play games on the long drives down the Al-Can to visit family in Idaho.
This Christmas, Santa decided that we needed to step into the wii generation of video games. Since we knew that Santa was giving us the wii system, we decided to get wii fit. I have been doing pretty well keeping up with it and while I was exercising this morning, I realized something. Exercising on the wii is almost like exercising with the family.
When I do the step aerobics, there is Levi on one side of me and Emily on the other. Scott is a couple of peeps down the row and Luke and Isaac aren't far.
When I do Kung Fu, there is Levi and Isaac on the back row, then Scott and Emily, and then me. On any given day, Luke and Levi or Emily and Scott are tossing me hula hoops and rotating their hips right along with me!
If I run, I pass a different member of the family cheering me on at every turn. Today while I was marching with the marching band, Emily was playing the flute and Scott was playing the tuba (who knew?), Luke and Isaac were beating drums and Levi was clashing cymbals right along with me!!
I need to have Luke sit down and make a mii for the rest of the family members and then it can truly be a family affair! 
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Exercising with family - Love that wii!
Posted by
Cheryl
at
11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't play videos games. BUT i do LOVE my wii. : )
I love the Wii Fit, too! It is definitely a family experience. I love that everyone is there during the activities. It makes me miss everyone a little less. . . well, sometime it makes me miss you MORE- but most of the time it's a happy thing! I'm glad you are keeping it up, Mom. That is awesome. I was doing really well but with all my exams of the past weeks and running around I haven't made time. It is fun to see your Wii Fit age- hee hee. . .
That's so cute!
Post a Comment