Saturday, May 15, 2010

What have those Ekstrom's been doing?

Check out the pictures to see some of what we have been doing.

We went down to Idaho in March for Grandpa Ekstrom's 80th birthday bash! Here he is with some of his siblings. We love you, Dad!
While we were in Idaho, we went to Roy's for the weekly Family Home Evening. He was gracious enough to cook for us (He is an amazing cook ! ) He made hot chicken wings and they were to die for! Thanks Bro!!I headed down to Utah last month to be with Emily when she delivered her baby and while I was there I got my hair cut. The stylist likes to straighten curly hair to cut it and I liked it so much that I had her keep it straight. What do you think?

The day before Ben's 25th birthday, Sarah delivered their adorable little Elizabeth. I had to leave Em's before the baby came and of course, she came a couple of days later. Leah Pearl Darby is seen her with her adoring fans! Her brother......
and her sisters!
I headed to Alaska for the Sweet Adeline's Regional Convention and Competition. The day before the festivities started, I conducted a tour of some of my favorite people to some of my favorite places in Alaska. We drove to Portage in a snowstorm (how cool is that??!) but we couldn't even see the glacier so we headed through the tunnel to Whittier. Snow changed to rain but it was still chilly. When we were waiting to head back through the tunnel, we saw an avalanche. It was awesome! What a treat! When we came through the tunnel the sun had come out and it was absolutely breathtaking! Here is Portage glacier.Here I am with my friends, Jo, Lucy and Kary right before we competed.
After the performance we headed to Sourdough Mining Company for dinner and Hannah accompanied us. I have really missed you, Hannah!We checked out Wild Berry after dinner. Here we are with our new friend.Luke went to Prom last weekend. Doesn't he look snazzy in his tux?
Elizabeth is a month old. Isn't she adorable! Look at how alert she is!!Three weeks old and Leah has already perfected her pouty face! Isn't it precious??
While I was running around the country, Scott wasn't idle. He was busy getting going on his new project. He took this.....
and turned it into this....He is building a new truck with this cab. If you look in the lower right hand corner of the picture you can see the transmission. I am excited to see just what he is going to make with this thing!!

That is a few of the things that we have been busy doing.

6 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

I Love your hair!!!

Look at all the new babies! What sweet, beautiful grand daughters!!
Looks like a great (snowy) trip up to AK. You guys have all been so busy!!

donna said...

thanks for the long post. I always enjoy reading about your family!!!
Hey didn't that you were in the Sweet Adeline.

EM said...

Busy busy busy!
Wow. You sure have some adorable grandchildren. . .

Kirsti said...

You have had a lot going on! Congrats on those sweet new babies. My little Emma thought they were adorable!

evamarie said...

Love your new hair do!! I like is straight. Looks like you're having a good time and keeping busy. I got really hungry when you wrote about the sourdough mining company. I really want some fish and chips now. Missing you and hope to see you this summer if you're around!

MegJill said...

Love the hair! She did a great job, and it looks nice straight!
You have had a LOT going on! I always love that you are active in a singing group. It inspires me to get involved! And I bet you loved going back to Alaska to compete.
Your new grandbabies are adorable!