Friday, April 18, 2008

Friends and Family night


Last night was the Rolling Hills Chorus Friends and Family night. It was our "dress rehearsal" for the competition next weekend. What a great night! It was really a lot of fun and we didn't sing half bad either.

This is a picture Scott took of me before I left home. Here I am with my sassy hair and makeup! Don't you love the red lips??? You can't really tell, but I had on some honkin eyelashes! Scott thinks this is a pretty good picture, but I think that I need to go get a job as a waitress in a truck stop. With those lips and the eyebrows! What else is there in store for me??

Here we are singing our balad, "Kiss Me One more time." Can't you just see us emoting all over the place??

This is the stomp of our up-tune, "Oh, You Beautiful Doll." This is what they call "undulating sexily." Well, it is supposed to be anyway. When Smokie came to visit, she came to chorus and watched us practice and she said that I look like I was stalking someone. I don't really undulate well.


Here I am giving it my all!



This is my "Give me the medal" pose. Go ahead, judges! Just put the medal right there!!

There is something so wonderful about using and developing our talents. I let my singing talent get so rusty, but it feels so good to be singing again! I have learned so much in the last 2 1/2 year since I joined Sweet Adelines! It is hard and I have so far to go, but I know that if I work hard that much of it will come back. I even find myself using the skills so carefully honed at chorus each week when I am singing in church. I definately notice when I don't turn a dipthong or when I don't build at the end of a phrase, I actually notice if I use the wrong vowel. I even catch myself emoting during choir and have to remind myself not to sway or restate.

Well, it's off to Spokane in less than a week! (I'm so excited to reconnect with my old chorus, Alaska Sound Celebration! They will be competing as well!)

Watch out, here we come!!

5 comments:

barbl said...

I'm kind of agreeing with the truck stop look. I think that MK Carmel is a better look for you.

I do hope you kick some AK Sound Sensation booty!!

Have fun!

Katie L said...

How fun! That's cool that you also get to compete against your old chorus. Will you get to visit with old friends from Anchorage too?

Cheryl said...

Yes! I was in the chorus for 2 years and so have lots of friends in there!!

Anonymous said...

you are so silly! you look fabulous! your 'undulating' was much better before we left. :-) have fun at the competition.

you rock!!!

Kristy said...

I love those last two pictures! So, does Scott like kissing those red lips? Hee, hee!