Sorry, no pictures for this post. I am feeling a wee bit pensive this morning. I am just finishing the third week of a 4 week walking program. I have been hitching Fitzwilliam up, plugging in the ear buds and heading out to walk for about 40 minutes three times a week. The off days are spent on core strengthening and abs and booty tightening exercises and cross training on Saturdays. It has been great! I don't think I have lost any weight, but I am happier. There is something absolutely wonderful about starting the day with exercise and uplifting music.
The music I listen to is a combination of "up" songs that my friend, Kary, made for me a few years ago. I was having a hard time with things in my life and she, with the help of her Dad, made me a couple of CD's to listen to when I needed a hug. The songs are awesome!
This morning the walk was 3 sets of 10 minutes of power walking (as fast as you can, like you are late for an appointment). I really feel empowered as the first week which was 6 sets of 3 minutes of power walking, just about killed me. Fitz and I just flew down the trail this morning! We were tired and Fitz's tongue was hanging out, but we felt good!
As we walked home; me trying to slow our pace down and Fitz pulling at the leash trying to assert his dominance, my heart was filled with a sense of peace. My eyes and senses were filled with the beauty of the morning. Streaks of the sunrise filtered through the leaves causing them to glow, their deep green sprinkled with yellow and orange. The dew kissed grass twinkled in the flickering sunlight. My eye caught the delicate pink of fully bloomed roses drooping from branches hanging over a fence and farther on, other branches hung over the fence weighed down by rose hips. Birds chirped their good mornings and l heard lazy dogs growl their warnings from behind fences. My heart swelled in gratitude for such a moment. What a precious gift life is! It is hard at times; there are challenges to be faced and the future is uncertain, but what IS certain is that we are beloved children of a Heavenly Father. He is mindful of us and he wants us to return to live with him. He gave us this beautiful world as evidence of that love!

3 comments:
Methinks you are a poet. Can't wait to see you!!
I miss you, Mom! This was a beautiful post. Love you.
I love reading your posts! I remember starting an exercise routine at a little local gym last year- It took a while to drop pounds, but it totally made me a much happier person, gave me more patience with the kinds, and helped me make healthier choices. I think that was happiest I've been since having kids. Exercise definitely does wonders for the mind, body, and soul!
Post a Comment