September 14th was my Mom and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary. My brothers and sisters and I planned a simple family dinner which turned into a big family dinner with extended family members and wedding cake and a special quilt for Mom and Dad. We had the festivities above Paul's pharmacy in what used to be the the Odd Fellow's Hall. I thought that name fit our family perfectly, but some felt that it might be a bit nicer to call it the Falls Reception Center. It was a great place to meet with lots of room for everyone. Many thanks to Paul and Lora for the use of the hall!!
Esther made this beautiful cake and JoAnn provided the statuette of the anniversary couple. We draped the table in one of Mom's prized table cloths from days gone by. The quilt directly behind the cake table is one that I made for Mom and Dad's 50th wedding celebration. The large quilt next to it is the 60th Anniversary quilt that Jo, Esther and I made. The center block is a painting done by Allen of the Salt Lake Temple and Mom and Dad's clasping hands. That block is encircled by hand tracings of every member of the family appliqued onto blocks and embroidered blocks of different events in Mom and Dad's life
Here is Esther posing with her creation.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
60 years and counting
Roy and JoAnn standing in front of a few of the quilts that we hung around the room. They were welcoming everyone and explaining the different parts of the evening. Mom made each of us a quilt, a different one each year for 10 years. These are some of them.
It is pretty amazing that Mom and Dad have been married for so many years. Time certainly does fly by! It was fun to get together with our families and to have some of our extended family members there with us. It really is true that family is this earths most treasured gift!!
Posted by
Cheryl
at
7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Cute post Aunt Cheryl! The grandparents were so cute, and you all did such a great job with all the planning and stuff! I sure love you!
I can't believe you didn't post the fifteen pictures of me with each of my quilt blocks. boo hoo! What? You mean the 60th anniversary party ISN'T about me??!!?? hee hee!
I am so glad we came up for this. It was wonderful to see everyone and the food was good, too!
Cheryl, your family quilting legacy is nothing short of incredible. I have never even seen quilts so elaborate.
Hey Girlfriend,
Ain't it great to be in the lower 48?! I'm sure you were in heaven on earth with all of the family around... and it didn't take you days and days to drive! Yay!
Thank you for sharing!
Hey, where is your 50th birthday post? I want to see some of those cherished (that means old) photos!
Love ya
wow! 60 years together IS really something to celebrate!!! That is amazing! Those quilts are awesome!
I took off the rant because a few of my friends were offended thinking I was making them out to be small minded and hurt there feelings. I figured out after that it was all a joke, but I still don't think it nice or all the funny, it's rude and and unnerving stereotype and I don't like it!
You are such a greater blogger than we are. Way to go on updating the rest of us on such wonderful event. I wish I could have been there. Just reading about it made me to snuggly inside. I'm happy to by part of such a great, great big family.
Love your pictures! By the way, Mama Jo now has a blog- mamajopapal.blogspot.com
Post a Comment