Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fitz's morning ritual

If you read my post from yesterday, you know how I feel about our morning walks. I thought it would be fun for you to get Fitzwilliam's point of view. As you can tell, he is an enormous black lab and therefore is very strong. He and I have an ongoing struggle to determine who is actually walking whom. Out of necessity, he has to wear a halter type of lead called the "Easy Leader" which basically has a strap that goes around his muzzle. He really hates it, but it allows me to take him for walks because he can't drag me around. The more he pulls at the leash, the more it pulls his head back. Don't misunderstand me, he still pulls and I am constantly holding him back, but he isn't dragging me.

The pictures below are what Fitz does when I release him after walking. He drops down and rubs his muzzle on the ground. The second picture shows how quickly he moves.



1 comment:

Kirsti said...

That was funny, I laughed out loud when I saw the first picture!