Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Morning reflections

Yesterday morning as Fitz and I were on the home stretch of our walk, I was reflecting on how blessed I am. As I thought through my life I could really see the hand of our Heavenly Father in just about every little detail. As we continued up the hill, I reflected on the beauty of the morning. The air was crisp and my view was full of riotous colors. My eyes rested on the Temple which was directly ahead of me. The beautiful colors of Autumn stood boldly in stark contrast to the luminescent white of the Temple. I took out my phone and snapped the scene. Isn't it beautiful?
Unable to resist the pull of the Angel Moroni as he stood watch over the trees which exploded in the most vivid shades of Autumn, I lead Fitz into the parking lot and we snapped this picture.

The following picture brought tears to my eyes for some reason. The glorious red leaves against the cold gray of the sky, spoke directly to my soul. The promise of change and renewal and the hope of a glorious future rose up inside me as my heart beat quickened.
Fitz and I made our way through the parking lot and back onto the sidewalk. Birds were flitting all around, resting quickly on fences and then off to continue their morning tasks. Fitz in his single mindedness kept his head directed down the sidewalk, tugging at the leash, urging me to quicken my pace. The glory of the morning would not allow me to hasten. My eye caught the same rose bushes I wrote about in an earlier post; one blossom still fresh in all of its full bloomed glory and wondrously enough, a bud in all of it's promise clung to the vine.

And then home! Home in all of it's inviting warmth; both of furnace and of love. Home where my heart is truly entrenched. Where there is family and acceptance and tasks for me to accomplish.
I am truly blessed. My body is healthy and strong and my legs can carry me out into the beauties of nature. Where I can find peace and comfort and confirmation of my worth and value in this world. I am a daughter of Heavenly Parents. They love me and guide me daily!

3 comments:

MegJill said...

What a beauty to see on your walk! I love that you live so close to the temple. That is a blessing!
Your home is very inviting and loving. Hope to visit again someday! (Brooks, Allen, TJ and Kevin are driving up to help Kynnwynn move back home but I don't think they are stopping because of time.)

Kirsti said...

What a beautiful post Cheryl!

barbl said...

I can't wait to come and visit you in the land of beauty! I'll see you when Jay comes home from his mission... in a couple of years

Love you!