One week ago I zoomed up to Spokane to be near when my newest Granddaughter was born. What a wonderful experience it was to be there and to see little Mila Michelle shortly after she entered this earth. There is something so wonderfully precious about these little ones who have so recently left the presence of our Heavenly Father. Their very vulnerability is a physical reminder of how precious this life is and how fragile we all are.
Just as Mila now depends on her parents to protect and nurture her and teach her all that she needs to know, we are constantly in need of succor from our loving Heavenly Parent. Even though we may be grown in earthly years, we are mere infants to him and to the vast Eternal Plan. How grateful I am for this earthy body and this opportunity to learn and to grow here on Earth.
Now, every little girl needs a pretty pink quilt from her Grandmother, but for some reason I just couldn't stick with pink. As I wandered around the fabric store, (Well, Heather and I wandered around. She was visiting me that week and helped me pick out the fabrics.) I couldn't resist mixing a little brown in there too. I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think?


Friday, October 9, 2009
Pretty in Pink
Posted by
Cheryl
at
8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Congratulations! What a cute little girl! Love the quilt too. :)
Good job on the quilt. I think it's so cute!!
what a cute baby! :)
Yea! A new niece! She is as cute as a newborn can be! hee hee
And the quilt is adorable, too.
Congratulations on the new grandbaby!!! I LOVE the quilt! Pink and brown are fantastic together!!!
Your posterity is growing! :-) Hooray!
You are so talented. What a beautiful blanket. I want one.
Love ya!
Mari
Congratulations!!!
Our blog is private now, so e-mail me if you want an invite!
he4rken@yahoo.com
The blanket is even more beautiful in person and so warm and filled with love. Thanks so much for coming to be with us. Mila is spoiled and now demands that all clothing and blankets be monogrammed... we're creating a monster aren't we.
Post a Comment