What can I say? I have started this post 3 times and deleted them all. I love my Dad. He has worked hard all of his life, many of those years supporting my 9 siblings and I. He is loving and funny and gives really tight hugs. He worked a lot when I was a child and so I got to know him while visiting his Pharmacy and watching late night television together. (Both at the chagrin of my Mother.) I would hear my Dad come home from work and I would sneak downstairs making sure that I saw Daddy first so that Mom couldn't make me got back to bed. Dad would let me sit on his lap or by him while he watched Perry Mason or M.A.S.H. Mom would try to make me go back to bed, but Dad would veto her and let me stay. Oh how I cherish those moments!
I started working for Dad when I was 14. He would send one of my brothers to the Jr. High to pick me up and then I would make the rounds with him after work and we would go home together. He used to work at the nursing home as the Pharmacist and I wasn't allowed to go into the Pharmacy so I would sit in the lobby visiting with the residents. I learned to love those nights, and those wonderful people!!
Dad taught me many lessons through the years, especially to value myself. He often praised me and helped me to feel loved and cherished.
I could go on. My Dad is the best! I love you, Daddy!
3 comments:
Grandpa does give really tight hugs and I love it. I miss his pharmacy, especially the candy aisle. I love Grandpa so much.
I love your daddy, too!
Great picture sis! I miss you! loves
Post a Comment