Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Boys and dogs


What is it with boys and dogs? I think that they are just attracted to each other! This weekend we have company! Whoo Hooo!! We LOVE to have company and for the last 16 years, we haven't really had much because Alaska is so far for everyone to go to visit us. Well, this weekend, Grant and Edna came up and so Aaron and Lynze and Eli came down from Spokane to stay as well. It was incredible!! It was so much fun to have them here and we enjoyed being together and watching conference together.

Eli loves Fitzwilliam, but he is afraid of him at the same time because he is so big and trollops around like a bull in a china shop and so for most of Saturday he kept his distance. Sunday he was starting to get closer and closer to Fitzwilliam. In the bottom picture they are sizing each other up. Fitz is so good with the kids. He is very protective of them actually. (He just can't seem to control his tail and has been known to knock the little ones down while wagging his enthusiam!)

The top picture is of Aaron, Eli and Fitzwilliam. Aaron is using Fitz for a pillow while cradling Eli on his chest and Fitz is lying his head on Aaron's shoulder, almost nuzzling Eli. It was really sweet to watch them interacting with each other.

Boys and dogs. You gotta love em!!

5 comments:

Mari said...

It is so nice to be close enough to visit! I loved Alaska, but I have never been happier than I am now! I love being able to go places on a whim instead of having to plan and save for it!

I am glad you had visitors for General Conference - don't you love being a grandma?!

I love how the dog is being used as a pillow - so cute! Say "hi" to Aaron for me!

Lots of love!

Cheryl said...

Being a Grandma is awesome!! I just love everyone of them!! I have to agree with you that it is so awesome to get into the car and go. It is so fun!! I love Alaska and I miss quite a few things about living there, but I truly love being close enough to take myself to my kids!!

Love ya!

EM said...

Those pictures are so cute with Fitzy! For your next dog series, you need photots of Eve petting him and Esther sliding down him. :) That dog really is quite sweet. I was amazed at the amount of torture he put up with while we were there!
Ah yes, and I am really glad that you are close enough to take yourself to your kids, too!

EM said...

Eve says: Oh, Eli and Fitzy are so cute!

Krista said...

Oh, how cute!