Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Brother and Sisters


Smokie, Roy and Me. I think I look the oldest. :p(

Last week I drove down to Idaho for a few days. Yes, I drove all alone for 8+ hours. It was awesome!! I actually got somewhere at the end of the driving. In Alaska, you drive for 8 hours and you are in the middle of the wilderness!!

I spent some time at my sister, JoAnn's, in Idaho Falls where we quilted the quilt I pieced together and then I went to St. Anthony with Smokie, Paul and Lora. We met Mom and Dad for lunch and then we went to check out Paul and Lora's brand spankin new house. (It is awesome, by the way! Absolutely beautiful!!) Friday I headed down to Smokie's house and Saturday my brother, Roy, made us Spanish Eggs for breakfast.

Hilary, Ben and Sarah joined me at Smokie's and we made a trip to McCammon to see Grandma and Grandpa Ekstrom. After dinner at Smokies with Steve and his family, they headed back down to Utah. I headed home first thing Sunday morning.

It was an awesome trip! I really love being close to family. I love hanging out with them and visiting and just being together! It is still a long drive, but 8 or 9 hours is a lot closer than the 5 days it used to take me to get there from Alaska!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Look how cute you are!

Did you happen to pass through Boise on your way, or did you go another way? Next time you travel that way, you must come visit us! :-)

I am so glad you get to hang out with your family. It really is awesome! I love it too!

Lots of love to you!

Mari

Cheryl said...

I did pass by Boise. I'm sorry I didn't call. I really should have. I didn't call my sister who lives there either. One of these days I am coming down so show the kids my picture so that they won't be scared of me!! :p)

Actually, I am amazed that Daniel always seems to remember me. They are all so cute!!

Lots of love back to you!!

EM said...

I wish we had been able to come up, too! Whah! BUT there will still be Thanksgiving at Grandma's!
Hey, that reminds me- my ballroom concert is the weekend after the week of Thanksgiving. Are you guys going to still be around then so you can come watch your favorite red-headed daughter in all her dancing glory???