I did it! I successfully navigated my way around the sun again!! Now I am a whole year older! EEEEKKK!!
Jim told me when I called him on his birthday that the human body regenerates itself every 7 years and that this year was my year. He said that when I woke up on my birthday, I would be a new person. Well, I woke up in the wee hours with a terrible headache. Do you suppose that is what happens when all of your cells are new??
I took a nap after church to help ease the headache and shortly after I woke up, the phone rang and it was Hilary, Emily, Patrick, Isaac, puppy Eve and Esther singing me the most awesome Happy Birthday song!! It was such a treat!! Everyone should wake up to that!!
Yesterday when I got home from work, a surprise was waiting for me in the garage. The plant in this picture had been delivered. Thank you so much Mom and Dad Ekstrom!! What a fun surprise! It was sure thoughtful of you to think of me!!
Scott and Luke have sure taken good care of me today. They cooked me a steak dinner last night and had flowers on the tables. (I LOVE flowers!!!) They planned an awesome breakfast in bed, (which had to be deferred because today was Fast Sunday,) and Scott made my favorite pork chop and creamy mashed potatoes dinner. He even did the dishes!! What a guy!!
So now begins another trip around the sun. I am sure it is going to be an awesome year full of adventure and joy!!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Birthday Surprise
Posted by
Cheryl
at
7:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Happy birthday Cheryl. This is Sister Lindquist speaking. Hope you had an awesome day. We have been trying and trying and trying to contact you via e-mail (for months, actually), but for some reason your e-mail account rejects ours. Could you give Mari a call and get our e-mail address from her (we would rather it was not published in a blog) or have her call us with your phone number and we will give you a call. Anyway, I really want to keep in touch. Sounds like things are going well. We are busy and enjoying serving the Lord.
Love you and hope to be in touch somehow soon.
Sally
Happy Birthday Cheryl!
I will e-mail you my parents info. : )
Hope you had an awesome birthday. Also, I finally got the video to work! For some reason my blog was rejecting it so I had to make a new one just for video. Check it out - what an awesome way to stay in touch!
Lots of love,
Mari
Happy late Birthday! Sorry I missed it, but I hope you had an awesome birthday! I love you SO much!
I am hurt and offended. I was also there singing happy birthday, but no mention was made of it. I dont think I will ever recover. I am moving to Tibet to become a monk.
I am hurt and offended. I was also there singing happy birthday, but no mention was made of it. I will never recover. I am moving to Tibet to become a monk.
I am sorry, Levi. I didn't intend to leave you out. I was informed that you weren't there when they called me. You must have arrived later.
You know I love ya!!
Post a Comment