When Hilary and Levi were here, she took a picture of herself with my phone and put it as the wallpaper. Every time I have looked at my phone since that day, this is what I see. The evil green eyes of death! I actually love this picture!! Hilary is so beautiful even when she is trying to look really scary!
I feel so grateful to be a mother. To have nurtured these little ones from the time that they were totally dependent on me, through the years when they tried to pull away from me and find themselves and now to the days when they are fledgling members of society; out in the world beginning to make their way. I am so proud of them and my love for them has grown a thousand fold. When I held their little bodies close and breathed in their wonderful baby smell, I thought my heart would burst with love for them. Little did I know that instead of bursting, it would expand and the capacity to love would grow along with it.
So, each time I flip open my phone, I chuckle and I give silent thanks for Hilary and each of her siblings!!

4 comments:
Hil is so silly- and she is beautiful, even when she is trying to look hideous.
AND
I'm glad you're my mommy!
I am glad you are my mommy too! : )
Me too, to both of you!!
He he he! Oh how I love that silly little Hilly! And I love you too!
Post a Comment