Luke gave a talk in Sacrament meeting last week. He did such an awesome job. He did it all on his own and I was very proud of him. He said it was o.k. for me to share it with all of you.
"Hello, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Luke Ekstrom, and I have been asked to give a talk on D&C 58 verses 26 & 27, on what it means to be engaged in a good cause. In D&C 58: 26 -27 it says,
"For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things, for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;"
This means that we need not only need to do good things, we need to not be lazy or as it says slothful and we should do it without being asked and of our own free will. If you look in D&C 107 verses 99-100 it says,
"Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence.
He that is slothful shall not be counted worthy to stand, and he that learns not his duty and shows himself not approved shall not be counted worthy to stand. Even so, Amen."
So once a gain, don't be lazy. In Proverbs 15:19 it says, "the way of a slothful man is as a hedge of thorns." All of these scriptures point to one thing, we need to take the initiative and do stuff without being asked, and we need to do all we can to do good, because you will get many blessings from doing good.
In a way this is like that story where the guy needs a farmhand and he interviews a few guys for the job, all the kids tell about they they should get it, and one guy says, "I can sleep during a storm" and the farmer picks him in the end. One night as the farmer wakes up in the middle of the night, and there is a big storm going on, and he goes out to put away everything and put the animals in their pens and he finds that all of that stuff had already been done; and finally just then he realized what the boy meant when he said he could sleep during a storm. St that boy wasn't lazy and he didn't wait till the farmer told him to do all those things. He did it himself.
So, if everytime your parents want you to do something like homework or mowing the lawn or dishes, and they have to ask you a bunch of times to do it, think how they would feel if they came home and found out you had done all those things of your won free will. So we should strive to do everything we can to not be lazy and do all the things that we know are good.
Amen
I don't know where Luke said it, but he said that he was really lazy and that I have to ask him 20 times before he does what I ask him. It was pretty hilarious! I let him know that that was kind of an exaggeration because I usually only have to ask him 5 to 10 times. :p)
Luke is really growing up!!
Monday, September 17, 2007
Luke
Posted by
Cheryl
at
8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My baby brother is getting so wise! Great talk, Lukie.
Post a Comment