A couple of weeks ago we traveled down to Idaho to the Ekstrom family reunion. We went to Pebble Creek. It is a beautiful place near Lava Hot Springs. Scott's family has been camping there since he was a little boy, maybe longer. He has so many wonderful memories of different idyllic moments as a child. As we drove to find a campsite, he told me of the times they camped here, or here and who was there and how many fish he caught and what fun they had together! What a treasure trove of rich family moments!!
We had a great time together. I will post more pictures of the fam later. This post is dedicated to a special family bonding experience called fishing.
I've been fishing oodles of times and I enjoy it. The only problem is that I never catch anything. Scott has patiently explained the mechanics to me on several occasions and I think that I am pretty patient so I don't get it. Fish just avoid me!!
No so at this reunion! I skunked Scott one day and the next day I caught my limit in 20 minutes. All from the same hole!! Hurray for me!!
The pictures below are from the evening that we went fishing with Em and the kids. (When I skunked Scott!!) It was fun to watch the kids excitement and delight in the wonders of this exciting sport!!
Isaac and I are fishing under Scott's excellent tutelage. You can see Esther's little head between Scott and I.
Isaac fishing with Eve looking on. Isaac forgot his hat so I let him wear mine.
Here I am reeling in one of the 3 I caught that evening. Scott is looking incredulously on.
Esther even helped me catch one of the fish. Can you see it just coming up out of the water??
Isaac showing off our spoils!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
There's something fishy about that!!
Posted by
Cheryl
at
9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hooray for fish! Isaac looks like a small Huckleberry Finn with your hat on and his cutoffs. Good work skunking Dad, by the way.
I think you're playing fast and loose with the definitions of "exciting" and "sport". I might report you to Webster, but I haven't decided. The grandkids might get upset if Grandma is put in jail for verbage abuse.
Post a Comment