15 years ago today, Luke joined our family. We weren't really planning on having any more children after the twins were born, but we are so glad that we got Luke. He has brought so much fun and happiness to our family. He was such an adorable little boy and him being born after the twins started school was such a bonus. It was awesome to have so much one on one time with him!
Luke's birth was a hard one. For one thing, I was almost 35 when he was born. I never thought that that was old, but the nurse at the dr.'s office kept saying, "at your age" and so I guess I developed a complex. Anyway, the main reason the birth was difficult was that I had had a c-section when the twins were born and I was trying to have Luke normally. My poor body was confused and worn out. It didn't go into labor as it should have and so my dr. decided to use the pitocin to induce labor. What a nightmare!!
We started the process in the wee hours of the morning, but it was hours later when he finally arrived. It wasn't until hours into the process that a nurse noticed that my dr. ordered an epidural so I had been suffering with crazy piggy back contractions all day. It was horrid. A bad contraction would start to ebb and just as it started down the curve, another would peak, and then another. It was pretty awful. It's a good thing that he was so precious!!
Luke is such an amazing kid! He is smart and witty and such fun to be with. He is an obedient, respectful son, brother and uncle. I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father saw fit to send him to our family!! Life would be so dull without him brightening our lives!!
I sure love my Luke!!


1 comment:
Happy birthday, Mr. Luke! You really are a swell little brother- not to mention adorable, talented, and extremely intelligent! :)
Post a Comment