Saturday, December 29, 2007

Birthday Kids

As you can probably tell from my posts about Levi and Aaron, December is Birthday Central around the Ekstrom home. 5 of our 7 children were born in December as well as Sarah, Isaac, Eli and Scott. It is a pretty crazy time with all of the birthdays and Christmas. It is fun; though we really do get tired of eating cake!!

Today is Luke's birthday and yesterday was Hannah and Hilary's 2oth birthday. I found these pictures of the three of them together. Aren't they just adorable??




5 comments:

EM said...

I made comments on their individual birthday entries but I forgot to mention that Luke is an awesome uncle and Hannah and Hil are awesome aunts! I love to watch them play with my little darlings and they are always willing to help me out and I am just so grateful for them, not only as brother/sisters- but as aunts and uncles! I love you guys!

Mari said...

Those pictures are how I always think of your family. Your family for me is frozen in time - back when I met you. Yes, the kids grow taller, but these pictures of the twins and Luke, that is how I think of them - eternally young!! Your faces bring back such memories! Your family is such a huge part of my childhood - I am so grateful! You are as close (and closer) than much of my own family is to me. You truly became family to me, and I will always think of you as such!

Cheryl, you were the most awesome Young Women's leader EVER. I do not know how you did it while balancing family! Just know that all that hard work was worth it and I LOVE you for it!!! ;-)

Love you all!
Mari

Cheryl said...

I think that this is the way I think about my kids as well. When I think of them, I see the little ones who had so much energy and enthusiasm and love! When I open my eyes, there they are as adults and my heart swells with that same love only richer!! They are my little children morphed into adults! When I put my arms around them, they don't fit quite the same, but the return hugs hold so much awareness and maturity! I marvel that I am allowed to be a mother to such greatness!

Mari, I think of you the same way! I am so grateful for your friendship with Emily and the respect you have always shown to me!! I marvel that I was and am allowed to be a part of your family! I cherish each one of you!!

Lots of love!!

Anonymous said...

Seeing your children like those pics is how I remember first meeting them in the 6th ward at some Talent show. Your family did your cow show and it was hilarious. So cute...real talent. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe I can really post comments now. I'll keep this brief just in case it gets lost in outer space.

hugs w/ tight squeezes,
Kary

Cheryl said...

You did it! You posted successfully!! I remember that cow skit. "A moo, a moo, a moo, moo moo!!" Too much fun!!

Thanks for checking in! I welcome all your input!!

LOTS of love!!