Monday, January 21, 2008

How cute are kids?


We had such an awesome time with the kids and grandkids here. I had forgotten how precious life is when viewed through tiny eyes. We had so many incredible moments with the kids and since they have all gone home, I have been remembering them and cherishing them. I thought I would share a few of them.

I have had this little note stuck to my mirror since before Christmas and every day when I look in the mirror, I think of the little hands that wrote it for me. It was such a sweet moment when Isaac came to find me to give me my "secret note." He was so proud of himself for writing it for me. Of course, it came with a tight squeeze and a smooch.

Last year, Scott gave me this nativity set. It is so beautiful. The kids were so good to just look and not touch the pieces. Every once in awhile things would be rearranged, but for the most part, they didn't bother it. One day we happened to notice a slight alteration to the arrangement. If you look closely you will see the addition of a bear and a dinosaur to the group worshipping the baby Jesus. There was even a little baby Jesus in a matchbox that Eve made in Primary on there for the longest time. When I saw what the kids had done, I was so touched by the beautiful symbolism. The invitation to come worship Him is indeed extended to all!!


The little girls and I were the angels for our Christmas story reinactment. They were so sweet draped in their white cloths adorned with halos!! (Of course, Eve had to be a ballerina angel!!)

Isaac was a very sweet Joseph and he kept such a good watch over Mary/Hilary. If you look closely you will see that she is holding his staff to prevent him from bopping everyone with it!


Eli received a little car set for his birthday and he was so good to share and let Esther take a turn. He was so cute playing with his cars!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I love the pictures! I bet you are an awesome Grandma! I am sure the kids love being with you!

Lots of love!