Friday, January 11, 2008

Kids Best Friend

"Will you be my friend?"



"Can we pet Fitzy??"


"I said, down!"





Puppy love!


Fitzwilliam has really been the center of attention for the last month or so. In November when Hannah was here with us, she spent a lot of time snuggling him and putting him through his paces. At Grandma Ekstrom's on Thanksgiving, he was a big hit and the kids were so excited to let him in the house and to pet him. Fitz loved having everyone here for Christmas and I think he gained more weight than me from all the treats the kids gave him! Esther was his new best friend. She would let him in and then he would follow her around because he knew that she was the source of lots of goodies. The ones she would give him and the ones she would drop as she scavenged.

The top picture and the bottom picture are the sweetest to me. The top picture was taken in October when Aaron and his family came to visit us. Eli is just getting brave enough to approach Fitz. Fitz is looking at him with those big eyes wondering how long it is going to take him to be his friend! The bottom picture shows you how Eve feels about Fitz and how patient and sweet he is with the kids.

When I saw Eve lying there on Fitz, I just had to grab the camera and capture that moment. Those two adore each other and I think the picture tells it all!

3 comments:

EM said...

I love that picture too! Eve really is a Fitzy-snuggling fool! We miss that Fitz! The kids all want us to get a dog but that is not going to happen in the near future so they just have to fill their dog-canteens at grandma's house!

Laurie said...

Oh, I miss you guys so much!!! It has been great to see Hilary. I am sure she has told you but we are expecting twin boys in March!! Boy, do we have alot to talk about. I miss chatting with you! Call me sometime 801-916-1322 or our blog is bryandlarsercanbrack.blogspot.com
Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a personal progress award for that quilt Cheryl! Well done! I love your quilts.

thanks so much for the letter I received today. I will respond to it later.

It's so cool to get reconnected w/ Laurie again. How did she find us? Does she have a spy? : )

Have fun w/ Fitz! Sage would love to play w/him. Stephen crawls all over her too. It's so cute.

hugs,
Kary