Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wait Upon the Lord


After starting a new diet I altered my drive to work to avoid passing my favorite bakery. I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning, and as I approached, there in the windows were a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed ... "Lord, it's up to you, if you want me to have any of those delicious goodies, create a parking place for me directly in front of the bakery." And sure enough,
on the eighth time around the block, there it was!
This really cracked me up! Don't we do this?? I know I do from time to time!!
Unfortunately, this is the way I seem to be dieting right now too!! Yesterday I was in Shopko and I walked past a box of chocolates and I said to myself, "I should grab one of those on my way back." I meandered through the store and gathered the things I went there for, telling myself that I did not need a box of chocolate. On my way to check out, I passed the chocolate display, of course, and I stopped just to see if they had truffles and sure enough they did and amazingly enough I discovered that they were on SALE!! Buy one and get one free! Well, that clinched it for me! I just HAD to get one so that I could get the free box. Of course, the woman at the check out said that the free box was fat free too!
So, there you go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sale on chocolate! Perfect way to ruin a diet if you ask me!

Cheryl said...

No kidding! Go down smiling!! That's my motto!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny. Sounds like something I would do! Chocolate is a great weakness of mine - always has been!

Love ya!
Mari