Several years ago I picked a quilt that I really wanted to make and put on my bed. I showed Scott and he liked it and so I kept the book on my nightstand and I would get it out every once in awhile and look at it and plan how I would make it and what fabric I would use. Years went by and the book moved from the nightstand to the drawer and then back to the nightstand. It was always one of my goals to get it made, but still the book sat collecting dust.
When we moved here, I promised myself that I would make the quilt. I told Scott and he just kind of nodded his head at me. I am sure that he thought it would be years before he saw the quilt on the bed. WELL, I surprised him! I think I even surprised myself.
I went out and bought the material (which sat in the sewing room for a couple of months) and I actually made the quilt. I took a trip down to Idaho and quilted it on my sister's quilting machine. I even made a dust ruffle and shams and now that Christmas and Christmas sewing (yes, I even did Christmas sewing this year!!) are done, I plan to make a couple of throw pillows too!
I am so proud of myself for finally following through and finishing something I have wanted to do for so long! I think it looks pretty good, too! 


Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Mission accomplished!
Posted by
Cheryl
at
7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Now that is impressive! WOW! I LOVE it! It must make you feel so great every time you walk by it! You are SO talented - I never cease to be amazed!
love you!
Mari
Mom, I am so proud of you, too! That quilt is so awesome, even though you SAY that you aren't crafty. . . . it is a nice feeling to accomplish something that you've been meaning to do for a long time, too!
Post a Comment