Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tag - I'm it!

Ok, I am new to these things, but Krista seems to think that I need to share this information with everyone!

Husbandology!

What’s his name? Scott Lee

How long have you been together? Married 29 years going on 30.

How long did you date? Did?? We still try to date, but before we were engaged, we dated for about 2 months.

How old is he? 51, can you believe it?? Aaron thinks its a kick because he is half as old as his Dad. (Well, he was on his birthday, then Scott had his and turned 51.)

Who eats more? Scott definitely eats more, but I eat dumber.

Who said I love you first? I really can't remember that detail. We have both said it so many times through the years.

Who is taller? Scott is definitely the taller of us. His 6' tower over my 5' 2". As Krista and Nanci both said in their blogs, they came from a long line of shorties. I am living proof of that, but who said it was a bad thing? You know what they say about dynamite!!

Who is smarter? Scott is so smart, he amazes me all the time. I just don't know how he knows all of these things. I am sure the kids got their brains from him!

Who does laundry? I have always loved to do the laundry. I guess that is good with 7 kids around the house.

Who does the dishes? I do the dishes most of the time now that the kids are gone. Well, Luke is still here, but he is kind of spoiled. He does his share, though. I used to have a kitchen chart and it was the kids job to do the dishes and I did them on Sundays, but since they are gone, I do them more. The sweet thing about Scott is that he is always willing to pitch in and help out and he does the dishes quite often.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? That would be Scott.

Who pays the bills? I actually write the checks and stuff, but Scott is the one who works and brings home the bacon to make that possible!

Who mows the lawn? Mowing the lawn is one of the jobs that I had kids to do. I used to love to do it when I was a teenager though; I'd put on the swim suit and get some rays while mowing the lawn! Those were the days!! The boys have done it since they were old enough and so now that job falls to Luke. Of course, Scott is the 2nd string mower and does pick up the slack from time to time.

Who cooks dinner? We both do. Scott has actually gotten to be a really good cook and enjoys cooking. Sunday has been his day to cook for many years and we look forward to that! He cooks all the fish and has cooked our Thanksgiving turkey for years!

Who drives when you are together? Scott. I love to sit in the middle of the truck and snuggle while he drives. Sometimes I get a little put out because he doesn't give me a turn. Like when we drove down from Alaska this spring, I kept asking him if he wanted me to drive and he kept saying he was ok. (I think it is a man thing!!) He finally relented and let me drive and then I understood. His long legs just don't have enough room when he sits in the passenger seat!

Who is more stubborn? That would definitely be me.

Who kissed who first? You might say we both did. At Scott's insistence (some promise he made himself when he was a teenager) our first kiss was across the alter. It was pretty intimidating because everyone knew it was our first kiss and my loving brothers were sitting there like vultures waiting for the moment to pounce!!

Who asked out who first? Since we are from the generation where boys do all the asking, it was definitely Scott!

Who has more siblings? I win that one!!

Who wears the pants in the family? We both wear pants. Scott full time and me from time to time. We have always tried to do things together and to agree about things. I do believe that he is the head of our family and so I turn to him quite a bit. I respect his opinion and try to follow his council. If I disagree, then we sit down and go over things together!

Wow! That was long! I do believe that the expectation of a "tag" is that I now throw this to someone else to fill out. So, here you go Emily, Aaron and Ben!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Of course, I realize that Aaron and Ben, you don't have husbands so I guess you will need help from your wives to do the tag! Good luck!

Nanci said...

Oh I love it! I guess I better write some of this stuff down so that when Ry Guy and I have been married as long as you two I can remember everything! And I think that it is the cutest and most romantic thing I have EVER heard about your first kiss being over the alter! I wish I'd had that kind of self control! :) I love you guys SO much!

Cheryl said...

It was pretty amazing!! Uncle Scott is the one with the self control. I thought he was kind of crazy at the time. :p)

Krista said...

I actually loved this tag because I get to hear everyone's way cute stories! Thank you for doing it! I sure do love you!!